Correcting Entries

If you have posted an erroneous entry, you can cancel it. This means you can mark the posted entry as an error ledger entry, and then post the correct entry.

The reason for this feature is that the program uses the FA posting date in many calculations. Entries with incorrect FA posting dates must therefore be corrected.

You can cancel erroneous depreciation entries by using the Cancel FA Ledger Entries batch job. After you have canceled the entries, you can run the Calculate Depreciation batch job again.

Related Topics

About Fixed Assets

Canceling Entries

Checking Canceled Ledger Entries

Checking Error Ledger Entries

Canceling Multiple FA Ledger Entries

Correcting Insurance Coverage Entries