This section contains the following topics:
We recommend the following guidelines for using the BigText, Code, and Text data types:
- Use the BigText data type for large
- If a text field is part of a primary key,
then use the Code data type.
- If a text field has a TableRelation, then use
the Code data type.
- If the field is assigned values from a Code
field, then use the Code data type. For example, if the Document
No. field in the G/L Entry table is copied from the
primary key field No. in the Sales Header or
Purchase Header table, then use the Code data type for the
Document No. field.
- For all other text fields, use the Text data
In addition to the system functions that are available for string data types, you can also use C/AL operators on strings. For example, to concatenate two strings, use the + operator. For more information, see C/AL Operators.