The topics in the Deployment node are intended to help an administrator install and configure Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013 software.
Key Features of Setup
With Microsoft Dynamics NAV Setup, you can:
- Install different components on different
- Choose from a selection of predefined
Installation Options or
create your own custom list of components and options to install.
For more information, see How to: Choose Components to
- Preconfigure components before installation.
For more information, see How to: Preconfigure
- Create, save, or load Setup configuration
files that capture your selection of components and configuration
information. For more information, see How to: Create or Load a
Setup Configuration File.
You use Setup to install software and to create custom deployments that you can distribute to different users across a company.
- Before installing Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013
components on a computer, you must remove (uninstall) any previous
- All RoleTailored components must be from the
same version and build of Microsoft Dynamics NAV for the software
to run correctly.
- If you have either SQL Server 2000 or
Microsoft SQL Server Desktop Engine (MSDE) installed on a computer
where you want to install Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013, then you
must remove it before you begin installing. The presence of either
of these database products causes a Setup error.